Monday, September 16, 2013

I am not a Robot

I know I'm not a robot because I can remember. 

I can think back to the times when life was good and going my way, 

and to the times where it was dark. 

Robots can only rember what we program them to remember.

 Us humans can only try and forget. 

Memories are what keep us going. 

They help us learn from our mistakes and push forward. 

Memories are what make us human, 

they  help us acknowledge that life is good, or that life gets better.

I know I'm not a robot because when I am driving down the highway 

and that certain song comes on the radio, I can feel the past.

I can remember the way I felt when I first heard that song. 

I can remember all the details of my forgotten life, who was there, 

what was happening, how I was feeling. 

It all comes back to me with just one verse of a simple song. 

Robots can never know that rush. 

They can never feel the past. 

They can't remember. 

But we can.


~Rosie


                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.writersparis.blogspot.com